This tape can be used in many aeronautical applications:
– Protection of tools used in composite bonding operations
– Anti-abrasion coating on fuel inlet hoses
– Protection of airframe wiring harnesses
PTFE is an excellent electrical insulator. This tape is recommended when coiling, for protecting transformers, relays, pins and many other electrical insulation applications.
PTFE limits soiling by inks, paints and other viscous products. This single-sided PTFE can therefore be used as a non-stick surface in many printing applications: roller coverings, belts, plates, etc.
PTFE-coated films are commonly used in the composites industry to facilitate the release of parts and to protect work surfaces. This heat-resistant tape is ideal for lining moulds.
Industry in general
PTFE tapes are used in industry for many applications requiring temperature resistance, chemical resistance and non-stick properties:
– Masking operations requiring sealing and high chemical resistance
– Polyethylene extrusion: Enables reduced maintenance of rubber pressure rollers, when used in roller coverings
– Reducing friction on moving parts: This PTFE tape can be applied to contacting surfaces to reduce friction and squeaking during movement. Example: rollers, slides, rails, etc.
Note: For high mechanical stress and intensive use, such as heat welding, we recommend the more durable R0201 and R0202 Teflon coated glass cloth tapes.