Environmentally friendly gummed tape
The use of PVC or PP adhesive tapes for sealing packaging boxes is becoming less common, partly because of solvent emissions.
While the use of acrylic or hot melt adhesives is still possible, there are environmentally friendly solutions that make it possible to do without the use of plastic altogether.
This is the case with A0401A gummed tapes, as they are:
- Made of naturally-sourced glue, based on corn starch or potato starch
- Made of paper, therefore recyclable, just like cardboard, so no separation is necessary
- Solvent and toxic product free
The fibreglass weave that makes up this type of adhesive represents a very small amount. It therefore does not interfere with the recycling process.
Immediate and permanent closure
This tape is the reinforced version of DJUMBO A0401. Like this other tape, it is made of water-activated gummed tape that penetrates deep into the cardboard fibres.
This means that any attempt to tear off the tape from the cardboard will result in visible damage to the carton, making it possible to immediately identify when a carton has been tampered with.
In addition, the use of a fibreglass grid has two further advantages:
- It increases the strength of the carton and allows for heavier loads to be carried, a prerequisite for packaging that meets international standards
- The grid prevents the tape from being cut/torn open by hand
Compatible with DERFI gummed tape wipers
The DJUMBO A0401A reinforced gummed tape’s adhesive is activated by water. DERFI offers 2 types of moisteners for Kraft paper tape:
- The automatic dispenser DNT-AT: specifically designed for gummed tapes. Its integrated humidifier allows the glue to be activated using just the right amount of water, as well as a brush. If predefined lengths of tape are required, this tape cutting device can be programmed to do so.